Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/27-29/10, Mon-Wed

This week has been busy, starting with recuperating on Monday from the weekend, and making plans for this upcoming weekend in Nice! I did feel a bit like I died and went to Meijer on Monday night. We found a Super U in the  next village over that is larger than the others and offers a great selection of many foods and some other items like you would find at a Meijer. So exciting. Now if only I could find Diet Pepsi.

Laundry, cleaning, unpacking and repacking, cooking, running, and trip planning has filled in many of the hours of these past three days. Today we did do some fun shopping in Strasbourg where I got a wonderful book on Cooking in France with delicious recipes and pictures. I want to make a real French Tarte while I'm here. There are some other recipes in there I would like to try and will let you know as I do how it goes. A preview is Creme Brulee, Chocolate Souffle, Crab Souffle, and French Onion Soup.

I also broke down after more price comparison shopping and bought the Long Champ backpack I've been wanting. Now I will have it for this weekend in Nice! I only wish I would have purchased it the first time I came so close because the Euro to the Dollar was much better than. The Euro has taken off since we arrived (of course). If only we could see the future.

The weather for Nice looks fabulous for this weekend. Sunny and 70's, I hope it's right! Eric took this Friday off, his first day off since we've been here, so we have reservations on the night train Thursday night and will arrive Friday at 9am in Nice. The sleeping accommodations on the train look interesting, so we'll see how that goes. Will take lots and lots of pictures and post Nice early next week. Until then, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment