Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/22/10, Wednesday

Great day! The sun was shining (again) when I got up and Daniel had the bikes available to us. He is headed for a week's vacation in Greece so he put the bikes out for us while he is away.

I got my cleaning done, packed up the camera and off I went. Taylor wanted to relax and read so I headed out on my own.

I first wanted to get some pictures around our village.

This is the Post Office.









The bakery where Taylor buys our bread for dinner almost daily.











 The church. The churches stand out in every village.











Some of the houses in our village very typical of all villages

This one was very modern.











I headed for the bike path that leads to the next village over called Lingolsheim.  Once there I just kept following the bike paths from village to village (oops I forgot the map) enjoying the scenery.
 Many little rivers along the paths or most likely the same river winding all around.



Lot's of people on the bike paths today. Maybe because there was not a cloud in the sky. Also, Daniel said the kids do not have school on Wednesdays.

A couple fisherman enjoying the day.

Beautiful field of wildflowers along the route.

I found my way home with no problem and enjoyed every minute of my ride. Will do that again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment