Friday, October 15, 2010

October 14, 2010, Thursday

Got up and rode with Eric to work so I could drive home and have the car for the day for our chocolate outing.
We headed out with driving instructions in hand (again). I missed the first turn and had a slight meltdown in front of Taylor, but once turned around, the rest of the journey was quite smooth (only 1 near death incident that I'm not sure was even my fault).

We first watched a film on the making of chocolate narrated by chocolate itself. It was interesting and a bit humorous. Then we toured a little museum with exhibits of old chocolate making tools.


We learned some important things, not only is chocolate good for your cholesterol and mood, but it prevents cavities. Mmmmmm more chocolate.




This is a dress that was used in a fashion show. It is covered with chocolate discs. I want one.

We were given a chocolate demonstration with an explanation of the differences in white, milk and dark chocolate. Of course we had to sample some of each. I learned how to keep my chocolate shiny after dipping. Now my seafoam will be much prettier.


They really believe in their chocolate here. I'm a believer!

After our demonstration we visited the little tea room and gift shop. We purchased a few little chocolate items including some chocolate tea!

Tomorrow I will be making plans for the weekend. Eric has his birthday Saturday and he chose to travel to Stuttgart, Germany to go to the Porsche factory. From there we will make our way to Rothenburg, a walled city where we will spend the night in a hotel within the walls of the city. I understand it is very beautiful, so I will post pictures early next week. Oh yea, I'll put a few Porsche pictures out there too. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment