Monday, October 11, 2010

10/10/10, Sunday at Europa Park

What a blast! Justine and her family invited us to Europa Park, about an hour from here in Germany. They very generously covered the entrance fees as our birthday presents (all three of us have October birthdays). This was extremely generous of them because any event here is very, very pricey, like the zoo yesterday! Anyway, there was no convincing them that we would take care of our own tickets, so off we went and it was so much fun.
This park was very much like Disney Epcot with the sections of different countries.  Dispersed throughout the countries were many rides, including some very fast, high, scary roller coasters.


The park went all out for Halloween. It was decorated with thousands of pumpkins. As we entered the park there was a dark queen that I decided I should be photographed with, seeing as how this is my dark year and everything. Okay, Okay, I'm sure 50 won't be all that bad. Hmm... which one am I?

This day completely cured me of the home sickness I was having for Fall and Fall decorations. The place was very tastefully done and I loved it!

After hitting the haunted house ride we headed for one of the big roller coasters. This one was in the dark with a space theme. The outside typically looks like the big sphere at Epcot, but they had it covered like a pumpkin for Halloween. It was fun! So I was feeling brave and from here we headed to a much bigger, higher roller coaster. It was scary but I really liked it.

We moved from country to country enjoying the scenery, the rides and our friends.

Love It! I wished I had more time to just enjoy the Fall beauty. But we had rides to ride!

Like this one. This is their new mega coaster and it was crazy fun!

We all six were able to ride this together.

Justine and Taylor above and Justine's parents to the right.

We got a little wet!

We had such a fun day. I had my first wienerschnitzel with potato salad, (which being in Germany you can imagine how delicious it was), and I managed to digest two bags of popcorn in the park. This was the first decent popcorn I've had since leaving home, and it was good! I also enjoyed many rides, and was petrified by one in particular. My fear of heights did me in on that one, and Taylor and Justine found it quite amusing.

As the park closed we popped into some souvenir shops where I got the sweetest little surprise for Kenadee! After our fun day we were all a bit hungry so we followed the Archauds back to France to a restaurant near their home where they have the best Tarte Flambee. These are an Alsacian speciality. They are similar to a very thin crust pizza with fresh creme, cheese, onions and usually small bits of ham. This restaurant was once a hunting lodge, and was very large, and fixed up beautifully. The wood inside was awesome, very homey, and the food was excellent!

Great day, great food and best of all great friends to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment