Friday, October 8, 2010

10/6/10, Wednesday

Decent weather this week, I'm noticing on my runs that the sumac has changed to a bright red, the corn fields are all dry and crispy, and a few other colors are starting to pop in the trees. In the city of Strasbourg there are many brown crunchy leaves on the ground and many trees are bare. I do not see promising signs of the colors here being as bright, colorful and beautiful as they are back in Michigan. They also don't make much of a deal of Halloween here so you don't see the pumpkins and fall decorations like in the states. That makes me a little homesick.

Because it is such a beautiful day today we decided to head for Obernai, a village not too far from here that is part of La Route Du Vin. We quickly drove through it as dusk was taking over on our wine tour weekend, and had been wanting to go back.


We took a little time to wander the village and take in our surroundings before looking for a place to eat dinner.

The flowers are still incredible everywhere here.

As with all the villages here there are so many neat shops.

This village in particular had some very nice, quality clothing shops.

As the sun started to disappear and our tummies started to growl, we searched out a reasonable place to dine. The menu at LE55 (right)  suited our varied appetites and the budget.
Taylor and I shared Spaetzle, which I had in Switzerland and am falling in love with. It has a wonderful texture and is like a gourmet mac'n'cheese. Instead of vegetables this dish had bacon and a few onions with a delicious cheesy sauce. OMG! I really try not to eat like this at home, and of course I had bread and wine with it. Then when we got back home we had to have dessert which we can't seem to go a day without around here. How do you when there are so many fabulous choices? Thank goodness I've been able to run most every day. My impending age is not helping any either.
Speaking of age, Taylor turns 20 on Saturday! No more babies or even teens for me. So very strange, I just don't  know how to feel about it. My life has been about my children, but I see no reason for that to change, no matter what their ages.....right!  The cool thing about them growing up is they add to the family wonderful people so I get more kids to love. So blessed am I.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you'll always have me -your biggest and most childish kid!
    --E

    ReplyDelete